[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Call for Papers - 40th annual DePauw University Undergraduate Honors Conference

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Wed Dec 11 16:15:46 EST 2013

FYI

From: DePauw Honors Conf <depauwhonorsconf at depauw.edu<mailto:depauwhonorsconf at depauw.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 4:10 PM
Subject: Call for Papers - 40th annual DePauw University Undergraduate Honors Conference

December 11, 2013

Dear Colleague,

I write to call your attention to the 40th annual DePauw University Undergraduate Honors Conference for students in communication and theatre. Our conference is a unique experience for undergraduates. We hope you will bring it to the attention of students in your area who have been working on research projects this year. We welcome papers in all areas of communication and theatre – rhetoric, interpersonal communication, organizational communication, media studies, film studies, theatre history and criticism, etc.

During the conference students will work in small groups with one of our visiting faculty mentors. This year the mentors include Cheryl Black of the University of Missouri, Patrice Buzzanell of Purdue University, Mary Beth Oliver of Penn State and Kathleen Turner from Davidson College.  The Keynote speaker Thursday evening will be Sarah Vowell a New York Times' Bestselling Author.

Please note that no identification should appear in the body of the paper to allow for blind review. Students should include a local address, phone number, personal e-mail address, and faculty sponsor name and e-mail address on a cover letter.

The deadline for submission is January 11, 2014. Papers should be submitted electronically to:

Kent E. Menzel, Co-Director
Undergraduate Honors Conference
Communication and Theatre
1310 Green Center for Performing Arts
DePauw University
Greencastle, IN 46135
depauwhonorsconf at depauw.edu<mailto:depauwhonorsconf at depauw.edu>

We appreciate your assistance in connecting your top undergraduate students with an excellent learning experience which may help them to  choose an academic career. Please post the attached poster which explains the conference in more detail. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Sincerely,

Kent Menzel
765-658-4492<tel:765-658-4492>