[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Graduate Courses for Professional Writing and Oral Defense

Lincoln, Michael lincolnm at ohio.edu
Wed Dec 4 15:29:17 EST 2013

Just in case this might serve some of our grads…….
-Michael

From: <Bikowski>, Dawn <bikowski at ohio.edu<mailto:bikowski at ohio.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:17 PM
To: "Adleta, Don" <adleta at ohio.edu<mailto:adleta at ohio.edu>>, "Ball, Sharon" <balls1 at ohio.edu<mailto:balls1 at ohio.edu>>, "Bryant, Dorothy" <bryantd at ohio.edu<mailto:bryantd at ohio.edu>>, "Buchanan, Charles" <buchanac at ohio.edu<mailto:buchanac at ohio.edu>>, "Delaney, Dennis" <delaney at ohio.edu<mailto:delaney at ohio.edu>>, "Delaney, Shelley" <delaneys at ohio.edu<mailto:delaneys at ohio.edu>>, "Fiocchi, Barbara" <fiocchib at ohio.edu<mailto:fiocchib at ohio.edu>>, "Geist, Kamile" <geistk at ohio.edu<mailto:geistk at ohio.edu>>, "Hackenmiller, Karla" <hackenmi at ohio.edu<mailto:hackenmi at ohio.edu>>, "Hibbitt, Alexandra" <hibbitt at ohio.edu<mailto:hibbitt at ohio.edu>>, "Kasler, Helen" <kasler at ohio.edu<mailto:kasler at ohio.edu>>, "Khanna, Mollie" <khanna at ohio.edu<mailto:khanna at ohio.edu>>, "Klein, Jennie" <kleinj1 at ohio.edu<mailto:kleinj1 at ohio.edu>>, "Lamb, Jody" <lambj at ohio.edu<mailto:lambj at ohio.edu>>, "Larson, Laura" <larsonl1 at ohio.edu<mailto:larsonl1 at ohio.edu>>, Michael Lincoln <lincolnm at ohio.edu<mailto:lincolnm at ohio.edu>>, "McDiarmid, Duane" <mcdiarmi at ohio.edu<mailto:mcdiarmi at ohio.edu>>, "Peppers, Robert" <peppers at ohio.edu<mailto:peppers at ohio.edu>>, "Phillips, Mark" <phillipm at ohio.edu<mailto:phillipm at ohio.edu>>, "Ross, Steven" <rosss2 at ohio.edu<mailto:rosss2 at ohio.edu>>, "Schwieger, Brad" <schwiege at ohio.edu<mailto:schwiege at ohio.edu>>, "Scott, Madeleine" <scottm at ohio.edu<mailto:scottm at ohio.edu>>, "Smith, Charles" <smithc4 at ohio.edu<mailto:smithc4 at ohio.edu>>, "Wetzel, Richard" <wetzel at ohio.edu<mailto:wetzel at ohio.edu>>
Subject: Graduate Courses for Professional Writing and Oral Defense

Dear College of Fine Arts faculty,
Please disseminate the following information to your graduate students and to faculty. Your students may be interested in two courses we’re offering this Spring Semester to help them as they get ready to graduate.

1. Professional writing, ELIP 5140  (students work on resumes, cover letters, grant applications, personal statements, etc.). Class #12320. Meets Wed 5:15-7:05, 3 credit hours.

2. Oral Defense, ELIP 5320  (students prepare for defending a proposal/thesis/dissertation, conference presentations, preparing for interviews, etc.) Class #10201. Meets Tuesdays 3:05-4:55pm, 3 credit hours

The courses are interactive, count for graduate credit, and do not affect GPA as long as credit is attained. I’m attaching a flyer with the information as well.

Best,
Dawn Bikowski