[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Soliciting nominations for the 2013 MAGS Distinguished Master's Thesis Awards

Fiocchi, Barbara fiocchib at ohio.edu
Wed Sep 26 10:41:44 EDT 2012

From: Bushey-Miller, Becky
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:37 AM
To: Bushey-Miller, Becky
Subject: Soliciting nominations for the 2013 MAGS Distinguished Master's Thesis Awards

Dear Graduate Chairs/Graduate Directors/Graduate Coordinators and Assistants,

Each year the Midwestern Association of Graduate Schools recognizes one master's thesis from the associated schools as outstanding.   The award is to recognize and reward distinguished scholarship and research at the master's level. According to their website, the Executive Committee of the Midwestern Association of Graduate Schools (MAGS) is now soliciting nominations for the 2013 MAGS Distinguished Master's Thesis Awards.

Ohio University is only permitted to submit one nomination for the award. Nominees must have completed their thesis by September 2012.  Ohio University has many talented graduate students, and in fact our nominee last year won the award. Graduate Council will review all nominees and make a selection for submission.  Any department or program wishing to nominate a graduate student for consideration should submit all necessary materials to me, Becky Bushey-Miller, at millerb3 at ohio.edu<mailto:millerb3 at ohio.edu> by 5 pm Friday, October 12, 2012.

The guidelines and nomination form for the MAGS Distinguished Master's Thesis Awards are both available at the following Midwestern Association of Graduate Schools website: http://www.mags-net.org/ThesisAwards.htm.

In recognition of their incredible work, please consider nominating an exemplary Ohio University graduate student. If you have any questions, please contact me at millerb3 at ohio.edu<mailto:millerb3 at ohio.edu> or 593.2891.

Sincerely,

Becky A. Bushey-Miller
Coordinator for Recruitment & Professional Development
Graduate College
Ohio University
millerb3 at ohio.edu<mailto:millerb3 at ohio.edu>
(740)593-2891