[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: MLK Celebration 2013

Wagner, Maureen wagnerm at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 29 21:01:03 EST 2012

Sent on behalf of Kellea Tibbs:
Greetings Colleagues!

I’m serving on the  MLK Celebration committee and I’m writing to you to find out if you would help us encourage students to participate in the MLK Celebration, Creative Arts Showcase.   This program is in honor of Dr. King and we are soliciting students who wish to participate and celebrate with us.  Please see all details and how students can participate below, as well as the Faculty/Staff Letter from the committee and the Artist Performance form, attached here. Please help us spread the word to students that you work with.  Also, be sure to follow the event on Twitter @OhioUMLK

Thanks, and we hope to hear from you soon.

___________________
ATTENTION OHIO UNIVERSITY STUDENTS: We are seeking students for participation in a special Creative Arts Celebration in honor of the life of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Ohio University 2012-2013 Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration
Media Motivated Movements: King’s Beloved Community 2.0

“Creative Arts As Activism – Celebrating MLK”
Thursday, January 22, 2013 – 8:00-10:00pm, Baker University Center Theatre
Ohio University
Drawing from the overall MLK Celebration theme, the purpose of  “Creative Arts As Activism” is to showcase how the influences of social media, pop culture, politics, and the various visual media, affect and shape our responses to societal issues and social movements through writing, visual art, song, and/or dance in performing arts.

If you or your student organization are interested in participating in the Ohio University MLK Celebration, “Creative Arts As Activism” event, please complete a Performance Application and return it to the Multicultural Center by December 7, 2012. See the attached information for details.  If you  have questions, please contact the MLK Creative Arts Subcommittee members, Kellea Tibbs at tibbs at ohio.edu<mailto:tibbs at ohio.edu>, 740.597.9087 or Megan Villegas, villegas at ohio.edu<mailto:villegas at ohio.edu>.  We look forward to your participation.

Kellea Tibbs, Assistant Director, Affinity Programs
Ohio University Alumni Association
Konneker Alumni Center
52 University Terrace
Athens, OH 45701-2979
T: 740-597-9087
F: 740-593-4310
tibbs at ohio.edu<mailto:tibbs at ohio.edu>
ohioalumni.org

[cid:9010BB38-1449-41CB-B4AF-A41FB21DD3F9]
http://www.ohio.edu/campaign/index.cfm

Get involved with your alma mater!
http://www.ohioalumni.org/get-involved

I'm doing what I think I was put on this earth to do. And I'm really grateful to have something that I'm passionate about and that I think is profoundly important. ~ Marian Wright Edelman