[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Recommendations for membership on the College Ethics Committee

Fiocchi, Barbara fiocchib at ohio.edu
Wed Nov 7 12:23:50 EST 2012

Dear Faculty,
Would anyone be willing to volunteer for a COFA committee that rarely meets? See below.

Interim Director
Ohio University School of Theater
740 593-4818 (o)
917 301-5173 (c)

From: <Scott>, Madeleine <scottm at ohio.edu<mailto:scottm at ohio.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2012 11:00 AM
To: Travis Gatling <gatling at ohio.edu<mailto:gatling at ohio.edu>>, "LaPalombara, David" <lapalomb at ohio.edu<mailto:lapalomb at ohio.edu>>, "Hayes, Christopher" <hayesc1 at ohio.edu<mailto:hayesc1 at ohio.edu>>, "Buchanan, Charles" <buchanac at ohio.edu<mailto:buchanac at ohio.edu>>, Michael Lincoln <lincolnm at ohio.edu<mailto:lincolnm at ohio.edu>>, "Ross, Steven" <rosss2 at ohio.edu<mailto:rosss2 at ohio.edu>>
Subject: Recommendations for membership on the College Ethics Committee

Directors,

As you see from Beth's email inquiry below, the college needs to appoint three members to its Ethics Committee.  The remaining three are appointed by Faculty Senate.

Would you be so kind as to recommend individuals from your schools for this service.

Much appreciated,
Madeleine

Dear Madeleine,

I'm trying to update the College Ethics Committees, but it looks like the College of Fine Arts hasn't had one in recent years. Usually three members are appointed by the Dean, and three members are appointed by the Faculty Senators from the college. Group I are preferred, but up to two members of the full committee can be Group II or untenured Group I. Could you let me know the names of your three appointees, and I'll work on getting the other three from the COFA senators? Hopefully it won't be too hard to twist arms to serve, since apparently the committee rarely meets!

Best,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Sayrs
Associate Professor of Music Theory