[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: for instructors

Fiocchi, Barbara fiocchib at ohio.edu
Wed May 30 08:40:14 EDT 2012

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE IN POLICY, SENT ON FROM KJERSTEN;

Hello,
As we approach the end of the term and finals, I wanted to pass along the upcoming University change to the requirements for converting an "I" or Incomplete grade to a different grade:

Effective with fall semester 2012, the deadline for a student to complete work, and the instructor to submit a grade change form will be Friday September 7 -- in essence, the end of the SECOND week of the term.  (In quarters, the deadline was the end of the 6th week.)  If a grade change form is not submitted by this date, "I" grades turn automatically into "F".  If, for example, a student chooses to take an "I" this spring, and does not enroll again until spring semester 2013, the deadline would then be the end of the second week of spring semester.

Therefore, if you have a student requesting an "I", please make sure that they understand the new deadline, and don't assume they will still have 6 weeks, as they did under the quarter system.

Best wishes,
Kjersten
-~-~-~-~-
Kjersten Lester-Moratzka