[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Creative Writing Publication Opportunity

Fiocchi, Barbara fiocchib at ohio.edu
Thu May 3 08:44:14 EDT 2012

From: jhcanel at gmail.com [mailto:jhcanel at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jonathan Canel
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 3:40 PM
To: jcanel at jd14.law.harvard.edu
Subject: Creative Writing Publication Opportunity

Hello,

My name is Jonathan Canel and I am a law student at Harvard. I am also an editor for a literary journal called Literary Laundry. We are currently calling for submissions for our fifth issue and are offering cash prizes to the most engaging writing we encounter (see details below). I was wondering if you would please forward the following message to your department's professors, graduate students, majors, and minors.

Thank you.

~~~~~~~~

Call for submissions in creative writing:

Literary Laundry is excited to announce its fifth call for submissions. As always, all work submitted to the journal will be considered for our writing competitions. We are offering the following cash awards: $500 for the best poem, $500 for the best short story, and $250 for the best one-act drama.

This writing competition is open to writers of all ages. Our most recent issue featured work from professors and graduate students, as well as from undergraduates.

In addition to our general competition, we are also sponsoring an undergraduate-only competition, offering $250 for the best undergraduate poem and $250 for the best undergraduate short story.

Lastly, we are offering a $100 award to the visual artist that we select as our "featured artist."

All award-winning work will be published in our bi-annual online journal and our print retrospect. Submissions are due June 1, 2012. There is no submission fee.

Visit us at www.literarylaundry.com<http://www.literarylaundry.com/> and submit your work.

Thank you,
-The Literary Laundry Editors

--