[Theaterfacultystaff] 75th celebration

Scott, Madeleine scottm at ohio.edu
Tue Apr 10 12:46:15 EDT 2012

Dear All,

Many thanks to all on the progress of preparations for the 75th weekend.  A few thoughts to share as we head into this busy party…

The building looks terrific.  Bulletin boards and glass boxes are fun, informative and a great tour through some of our history.  Thanks for the work on this.

Students  from performance are doing a great job on the Flash mob-very engaged and strong.  PD&T students are contributing great help to our production issues all over, and playwrighting is engaged in the Madness. We still need some general student support as we head into the weekend. There is a sign up sheet in the office.  Please remind students about this need.

Encourage students to attend all events – IT'S FREE to all students as an Arts for Ohio event.

It would be great if there were no rehearsals scheduled during our 2-4 reception on Saturday so that all could attend and participate in that.  Please convey this to students you are mentoring.

We anticipate that there will be many "wandering alums" who might appear unannounced in your classrooms or at rehearsals.  Please encourage everyone to welcome them, ie. Please don't give them the hairy eyeball.

Please encourage alums to fill out an alumni survey.  This will be important for us in the future NAST accreditation.

Lastly, I have to do quite a bit in dance this weekend, Saturday in particular.  I will be here on Friday at lunch bag and for the reception.  Will also see you at the evening's celebration.

Thanks for all your support.
Madeleine