[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: @Lab 2011 Fall Quarter Tutorial Email

Fiocchi, Barbara fiocchib at ohio.edu
Wed Sep 21 15:04:37 EDT 2011

From: nathaniel at aesthetic.ohio.edu [mailto:nathaniel at aesthetic.ohio.edu] On Behalf Of Nathaniel Berger
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:03 PM
To: Tallman, Debi; Fiocchi, Barbara; Kasler, Helen; Llewellyn, Brenda; McAdoo, Debra
Subject: @Lab 2011 Fall Quarter Tutorial Email

Hello All,

Would you please pass this along to your faculty, staff, graduates, and HTC students?

The Aesthetic Technologies Lab [@Lab] would like to invite you to attend our upcoming Fall Quarter Tutorials.

Designed to share our native expertise regarding the intersection of various technologies with art-practice, and concept, this Quarter's tutorials will include WordPress, Video Compression, & Blue Screening.
* Sessions will be a combination lecture/presentations & hands-on.

 *   Due to limitations of equipment, we ask that you notify us of your interest so that we can plan accordingly.
All @Lab Tutorials are on a 1st-register, 1st-come basis.
Please register only if you will attend the select in it's entirety.
 *   We would like to tailor our presentations to YOUR specific interests.
 *   Please contact Nathaniel Berger at bergernohio.edu<http://bergernohio.edu>, visit the @Lab weekdays between 9am - 5pm, or call 740.593.0695<tel:740.593.0695>.

Expected Schedule of Tutorials as follows:

2011 Fall Quarter Tutorials

·         September 30th
8am - 10am
o    Topic/Title: WordPress<http://www.wordpress.org/>: Website/Blog Setup & Design
o    Description: A beginner - intermediate course in learning how to setup and maintain a WordPress website/blog for personal and academic use. Topics covered will include: General website details; Uses for WordPress; Example WordPress sites; How to convert and upload media for WordPress; How to maximize your WordPress site for view-ability; How to expand and customize WordPress for specific needs.
o    Presenter: Nathaniel Berger
o    Register Here<https://docs.google.com/a/aesthetic.ohio.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dHhjNEt3NjhBNkdpUFQxM2JwM3pTVWc6MA#gid=0>
o    Participation Limit: 12 Total
§  8 seats available to those without laptops
§  4 seats available to those with personal laptops
·         October 21st
8am - 10am
o    Topic/Title: Video Compression
o    Description: A beginner - intermediate course on digital video compression; learn about the core compression process. Topics covered will include: Digital Hardware; Compression Software Packages; Workflow; Compression Types.
o    Presenter: Nathaniel Berger
o    Register Here<https://docs.google.com/a/aesthetic.ohio.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dHNVVXVzRmR0MnNJcXpuZ0YwSXVyX1E6MA#gid=0>
o    Participation Limit: 8 Total
§  Seats available to those whom have in interest in computers.
·         November 5th
8am - 10am
o    Topic/Title: Blue Screening
o    Description: A beginner course in working with bluescreen for video, film, and still photography. Topics covered will include: Basic Principals; Basic Lighting; Basic Pitfalls; Hands-on Shooting; Video Manipulation & Editing.
o    Presenter: Nathaniel Berger
o    Register Here<https://docs.google.com/a/aesthetic.ohio.edu/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dE9FQkt4LUtlUlBMNk8tQkVWa0JpbHc6MA#gid=0>
o    Participation Limit: 16 Total
§  8 seats available to those without DVD-S access
§  8 seats available to those with personal DVD-S access
 Supplementary Information

All Tutorials to be held in Putnam Hall, room 235.
Location<http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=18286788780504097154&q=%40Lab> & Directions<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=235%20putnam%20hall%2045701&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl> :
[http://www.ohio.edu/athens/areas/ngreen.jpg]
OU Map #: 41 - Putnam Hall

Parking Information<http://www.ohio.edu/athens/parking/ngreen.html>:

       *   Non-OU vehicles have to use the metered parking or Public Parking lots
       *   Participants are responsible for their transportation to the Tutorial.
Further details on each upcoming tutorial may be obtained from our website or in person at a later date.

*All Tutorials are subject to change with notifications.

Sincerely,
Nathaniel Berger
Operations Coordinator
The Aesthetic Technologies Lab<http://www.ohio.edu/atlab/>