[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: American Shakespeare Center at Stuart's Opera House on October 3!

Wagner, Maureen wagnerm at ohio.edu
Mon Sep 12 15:53:38 EDT 2011

Could we please forward to all students and faculty?

Thanks,

Shelley

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brian Koscho <brian at stuartsoperahouse.org>
Date: September 12, 2011 3:02:24 PM EDT
To: "Delaney, Shelley" <delaneys at ohio.edu>
Subject: American Shakespeare Center at Stuart's Opera House on October 3!

Shelley,

Hope you are doing well!

I wanted to see if you would pass along information to the Ohio University School of Theater staff and students about a really cool theater show we have coming up from the American Shakespeare Center <http://www.americanshakespearecenter.com/>  in Staunton, Virginia. Their "On Tour" company is making a stop in Nelsonville at Stuart's Opera House on MONDAY, OCTOBER 3 at 7:00pm with a performance of A Midsummer Night's Dream <http://www.americanshakespearecenter.com/v.php?pg=1131> . Tickets range from $10-$21, but the student rate is ONLY $10 ($13 at the door) and we are also doing "Group Rates (10 or more)" at the same price. I will have press releases and PSA's available this week if you would like that sent along let me know, and I should have posters and handbills ready early next week at the latest and would love to send some on to you or bring some around for distribution.

You can find out more about the Stuart's performance by visiting here: http://stuartsoperahouse.org/american-shakespeare-center-midsummer-nights-dream-p-172.html

"Blowing the cobwebs out of Elizabethan drama" -Bob Mondello, NPR
"This Shakespeare moves... It's poetry come alive" -The Boston Globe

The American Shakespeare Center is a nationally acclaimed theater company based out of Virginia, they perform regular shows in Staunton in a replica recreation of Shakespeare's original indoor theatre, the Blackfriars Playhouse, and also has plans to build an open-air replica of London's second Globe Theatre, which was built in 1614. We are excited to bring them to Southeast Ohio and are hoping to bring out a great crowd. We are doing a small, intensive workshop during the day with Logan High School drama students as well.

Thanks!

--
Brian Koscho
Marketing & Promotions Coordinator