[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: 2012-13 Acting Apprentice Program

Fiocchi, Barbara fiocchib at ohio.edu
Tue Nov 22 10:56:05 EST 2011

From: James Ashford [mailto:jashford at floridastudiotheatre.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:05 AM
To: Theater
Subject: 2012-13 Acting Apprentice Program

November 22, 2011

Florida Studio Theatre (a LORT D three theatre complex in Sarasota, FL) is seeking quality Acting Apprentices for the 2012-13 Season.  I am interested in the possibility of hiring recent acting graduates (or student actors that will have graduated before September, 2012) from your department as Acting Apprentices at Florida Studio Theatre.  The Apprentice season runs from August 27, 2012-June 2, 2013.  The Apprentice Company totals 9 members per season.

The Florida Studio Theatre Acting Apprentice Program offer practical and educational training in a professional Theatre environment.  The morning hours are spent in classes, workshops, rehearsals or performances while afternoon are spent with each Apprentice working in another area of the Theatre.  In the evenings Apprentices will serve on running crews and may earn EMC points by understudying appropriate Mainstage roles.  The purpose of the Acting Apprentice program is to help bridge the gap between academic theatre and the professional world and to provide additional training and experience to those individuals who are serious about careers as professional actors.

There is no cost for the program.  Apprentices earn a stipend of $75 per week plus FST provides free furnished housing.

Consideration for the Acting Apprentice Company requires an audition.  Once you have been invited to apply, that audition requirement can be satisfied by submitting a video audition or by attending auditions in New York, Sarasota and other cities as scheduled.

Please send this message along to any soon-to-be-graduating actors (and those who have recently graduated).  To be considered for application, they need only email me their photo and resume to jashford at floridastudiotheatre.org<mailto:jashford at floridastudiotheatre.org>, and we will get the ball rolling.  I look forward to hearing from them.  For more information on FST, please check out our website at www.floridastudiotheatre.org<http://www.floridastudiotheatre.org/>.

Best.

James Ashford
Casting & Hiring Coordinator
Florida Studio Theatre