[Theaterfacultystaff] Staffing Changes

Fiocchi, Barbara fiocchib at ohio.edu
Fri Jun 3 11:58:06 EDT 2011

This email is sent on behalf of Madeleine Scott

Dear All,

I am sorry to have to tell you that Karl Eigsti's position has been eliminated as part of the recent budget cuts.  We are sorry to lose his expertise.
This leaves us shorthanded in yet another area of curriculum and production.

We are fortunate that David Russell has expertise and interest in scenic design and is willing to help us address this void.  Those of you who were involved in mainstage productions this past year are award that we have already relied on his ready skills to mentor student scenic designers.  David had a very positive effect on their process and we feel we will be in good hands with his help.  Additionally, he is already in the process of designing our first mainstage production, Euridyce.  There have been some early conversations about transitioning his line to a faculty position, but it is too soon to take this kind of action due to the hiring circumstances at OU.

These new responsibilities for David will have ripple effects throughout the school.  It reduces the full time staff in the costume shop, although David will remain involved.  A specific plan will be worked out over the summer.  David's changing role will impact much of what we do and how we do it both circularly and in season delivery.  This change will affect all of us to varying degrees and will require conscious re-adjustment of expectations.  I am sure that you will all assist in whatever way you can and thank you for your understanding as we go forward.

Meanwhile, please welcome David into his newly evolving role.

Madeleine

Madeleine Scott
Director, School of Dance
Interim Director School of Theater
Ohio University, Athens, OH
Dance: 740-593-1824, Theater: 740 593-4818
Fax: 740-593-0749