[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Guerrilla Girls On Tour!--Athens, Feb. 24th

Fiocchi, Barbara fiocchib at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 21 10:03:02 EST 2011

Please share this information with the students, faculty and staff in your units.  You can check out the website and flyer for more information.  This is presented as
part of OU's Empowered Women's Week.

Thanks,

Norma

Guerilla Girls Info:

Guerrilla Girls on Tour is a New York City based touring theatre company of national & international renown that creates fresh & original productions celebrating women's history -- past, present & future!

Our work is presented using masks and draws from a variety of classic theatre techniques such as physical theatre, vaudeville and parody resulting in our own unique style that allows us to imaginatively portray a wide range of characters and scenarios with minimal
technical elements. We also train and educate via workshops, gallery exhibits, master classes and community collaborations which have resulted in participatory performance projects and site-specific productions that include local women's history.

We have presented over 200 performances and 100 workshops in
theatres, classrooms, art galleries, community centers, cafes and
the great outdoors in places like the US, UK, Poland, Argentina,
South Korea, Spain, Japan, Canada and France.