[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Ohio U alumni, Brent Vimtrup is nominated for theatre award

Theater theater at ohio.edu
Thu Aug 25 10:27:55 EDT 2011

From: shay at nyitawards.com [mailto:shay at nyitawards.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 10:23 AM
To: Alumni; Miller-Fox, Janis; Theater
Subject: Ohio U alumni, Brent Vimtrup is nominated for theatre award

Dear Editor,

I'm excited to inform you that Ohio U alumni, Brent Vimtrup is nominated for a New York Innovative Theatre Award (IT Awards) for Outstanding Actor in a Featured Role for his work in Sight Unseen, which was produced by InProximity Theatre Company.

“About three days into rehearsal I began to panic.  I was convinced this was going to be the show that was going to expose me as the fraud of an actor I really am,” said Vimtrup. “I didn't understand the character, I was making poor and unspecific choices, and my accent… but director Dorothy Lyman helped guide me through and I am so honored by this nomination.”

The nominees were announced at a sold-out event on August 1, 2011 that was attended by nearly 500 artists and guests.  The awards will be presented at a ceremony on September 19th.

A little about the IT Awards which are given annually to honor individuals and organizations who have achieved artistic excellence in Off-Off-Broadway theatre. New York IT Awards recognizes the unique and essential role Off-Off-Broadway plays in contributing to American and global culture, and believes that publicly recognizing excellence in Off-Off-Broadway theatre will expand audience awareness and appreciation of the full New York theatre experience.
Website: www.nyitawards.com<http://www.nyitawards.com/> <http://www.nyitawards.com/><http://www.nyitawards.com/>

For More Information, a press pack, photos, EPK of previous Awards Show, please contact Press Agent: Katie Rosin 917-438-9223 or katie at kampfirefilmspr.com<mailto:katie at kampfirefilmspr.com> <mailto:krosin at kampfirefilms.com><mailto:krosin at kampfirefilms.com> .