[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Updates from the Registrar

Fiocchi, Barbara fiocchib at ohio.edu
Thu Aug 18 09:37:35 EDT 2011

Please take some time to read over the following notes, there is a lot of information and some changes with the new systems that have been put in place.
Barbara Fiocchi

Subject: Updates from the Registrar

The following is sent on behalf of Debra M. Benton, University Registrar.

Good afternoon,

I hope your summer is going well.  It is hard to believe it will soon be over. Below are some updates:

1.       Textbook Information

a.       Display in Course Offerings: This week Course Offerings began displaying the textbook information.  When you get questions about required textbooks or resources from students and/or parents you can refer them to Course Offerings (http://webapps.ohio.edu/classes/search.htm).

b.      Updates: Thanks to those faculty and staff who have entered information for their fall courses into the Textbook System.  However, there are still a number of courses for which no information has been entered; and the students will see only "To be determined" when they check on the class for which they are registered. If you haven't yet entered textbook information for your class (even if it's a standard note that there is no required text), please do so as soon as possible.  This information is helpful for the students and bookstores. We plan to supply the bookstores an updated, complete listing of all courses and textbooks for their campus, along with updated enrollment numbers, within the next few days.  The bookstores receive a daily (including Saturday and Sunday) update of any change, addition or deletion to a course, including textbooks and resources; thus when information is added to the Textbook System, the bookstores have the information within 24 hours.

2.       Grading for Summer

a.       Thanks! Thanks to faculty and staff who provided grades for first summer session on paper.

b.      Second Session and Full Quarter Grades: We expect to have the system available for faculty to enter their own grades online via Web browser.  We are testing the system this week and will send an announcement the week of August 22 when the Grading System has opened. The grade deadline is Tuesday, August 30, 2011, at noon.

3.       Class Lists

a.       Class lists for fall are available and are updated as students add and drop classes.  You may access class lists via the Faculty & Advising Center at https://webapps.ohio.edu/oasis/.

b.      Photos are not available yet. I apologize, but we will not have photos on the class lists for the start of fall.  I will send an update as soon as they are available.

4.       Requisite (Prerequisite) Drop Process for Fall

a.       We are testing the process that re-evaluates student enrollment in classes to determine if requisites (prerequisites) are still met after a previous term's completion and drops students from classes for which they no longer meet the requisite. This process was not run for summer, but we do expect to run it for fall.

5.       Learning Communities

a.       We expect to move students from their LCOM class and into their "real" classes this week.

If you have any questions, please contact me at 593-4260 or bentond at ohio.edu<mailto:bentond at ohio.edu>.

Best regards,
Debra Benton

Debra M. Benton