[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Textbook System AVAILABLE for WINTER Quarter/Intersession
fiocchib at ohio.edu
Fri Oct 15 12:50:03 EDT 2010
I am forwarding on this information about the New Textbook system, I have double checked and the books that are listed in this system are directly ordered by the bookstores. I don't have an answer about how long that process takes right now.
School of Theater
Well by Lisa Kron Opens October 15 Forum Theater
Box Office 593-4800
From: Benton, Debra
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 12:41 PM
To: Benton, Debra
Cc: Benton, Debra
Subject: Textbook System AVAILABLE for WINTER Quarter/Intersession
I know many of you have been waiting patiently to enter your textbooks for Winter Quarter/Winter Intersession. I thank you for your patience.
The system is available NOW for entering Winter Quarter/Winter Intersession textbooks, materials, and notes. The delay in making the system available was due to some enhancements to the software to assist in entering textbooks and materials that have been used in the past. In addition, an export feature is now available. Thanks to the OIT staff for providing these great enhancements.
We are working diligently to make some training materials available on our Web site to assist you in learning about the new "default" feature. We wanted to make the system available as soon as possible and so are making the system live before the training materials are ready. Lee Cibrowski, Interim Associate Registrar, has met with several staff from departments/schools and colleges to demonstrate the new functionality, and she has more meetings scheduled. If you need training, please contact Lee Cibrowski at cibrowsk at ohio.edu<mailto:cibrowsk at ohio.edu> or 593-4214.
A few reminders:
* You can use the filters to limit the classes in your view to just Winter 2010-11 or Winter Intersession 2010-11.
* If a course or class does not require a textbook or materials please select an appropriate note to enter such as "No textbook or materials required for purchase" or "Required resources available electronically" or any other appropriate note. This ensures that students know whether to expect to purchase a textbook or not.
* You can export the information to Excel by clicking the "Export" button.
* You can easily get a list of classes which have not been updated by selecting "Not Updated/Verified" in the drop down box beside the label: "Updated/Verified:".
* You can set default resources for a course which can then be applied to all sections of a course. (For training on how to use this feature please contact Lee Cibrowski, cibrowsk at ohio.edu<mailto:cibrowsk at ohio.edu>).
Please let Lee or me know if you have questions.
The Textbook System is available at the following URL: http://www.ohio.edu/registrar/textbook.cfm
Debra M. Benton
Chubb Hall 160
Athens, OH 45701
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Theaterfacultystaff