[Theaterfacultystaff] Shadow Puppet Performance

william condee condee at ohio.edu
Thu Oct 14 14:10:32 EDT 2010

I will be performing the wayang kulit (shadow puppet) play I studied in
Bali this spring, "Kurowa Aguru (Pandawa and Kuruwa Go to Forest for their
Education)," twice on Thursday, Oct. 21, accompanied by AJ Predisik and
assisted by Anton Sutandio.   Both performances will be quite informal and
are being presented as part of classes.  The first performance is at 10:30
a.m. and the second is at 2:10 p.m., both in Putnam 227.  The performance
lasts about 30 minutes.  For gluttons of punishment, I will also be
lecturing on "Art? and Hinduism? in Bali?" following the second
performance, roughly 3:30-5:00.  People are welcome to come and go as they
wish.

W.T.F. Condee, Ph.D.
J. Richard Hamilton/Baker and Hostetler Professor of Humanities
Professor of Theater
School of Interdisciplinary Arts
T: 740-593-1315/F: 740-593-0578
www.ohio.edu/interarts