[Theaterfacultystaff] Season Selection: Initial Proposals

Jordan Schildcrout schildcr at ohio.edu
Mon Oct 4 14:39:17 EDT 2010

Dear Friends:

The Season Selection Committee invites you to submit initial proposals for
the 2011-2012 mainstage season.

This year, we ask that each potential director submit basic information on
THREE different options, categorized as small, medium, and large
productions.  If a proposed play advances to the next step in the process,
we will then request a more thorough proposal with more detailed
information.

To make your proposals, please submit the short form (attached) to me no
later than Friday, October 22.

The committee has no specific criteria for the 2011-2012 season, although
we always look for plays that will 1) advance the SOT's curricular goals,
and 2) add to the variety of theatrical forms and social perspectives in
the season.  To that end, I am also attaching some statistical information
about the plays produced on our mainstage over the past few years.

Please note that in this initial proposal stage, we're happy to accept
suggestions (even just titles, authors, or genres) from ALL faculty, staff,
and administrators, not just the potential directors.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.  The committee
looks forward to receiving your proposals.

Regards,
Jordan

Dr. Jordan Schildcrout
211 Kantner Hall