[Theaterfacultystaff] Advising notes
fiocchib at ohio.edu
Fri Oct 1 10:41:32 EDT 2010
Winter quarter advising begins on Monday October 18, with registration beginning on October 25. Please communicate with your advisees your preference for establishing an appointment with you for pre-registration advising (e.g. email, phone, sign-up sheet on your door). The easiest and quickest way to accomplish this is to email all of your advisees at once using the "advisee list" (third option down on left side of the Faculty/staff page on the OU website). You can also access your advisees DARS and RAC codes from this site.
Some winter quarter classes and schedule concerns to be aware of and pass along to the appropriate students:
* Production practicum preference sheets are located downstairs by the copy machine. They are due by Nov. 10 and are turned in downstairs by the copy machine. If a student does not complete a preference sheet, they will be assigned to a shop or run crew based on area needs.
* All students - graduate and undergraduate - should be registered and attend THAR 090 - Lunchbag. There are no theater classes scheduled at that time to enable all students and faculty to attend.
* Mondays and Wednesdays 12-1 have been reserved (no school of theater classes) for production meetings. Please ensure that students that need to be in attendance at these meetings do not schedule classes during this time.
* There are multiple options for seminars. The class meetings were selected so that most students will be able to work at least one of them in, and in many cases, two.
o 473/573 combined: section 1 meets Tuesdays and Thursdays 1-3
o 473/573 combined: section 2 meets Wednesdays and Fridays 1-3
o 473 only: section 3 meets Tuesdays and Thursdays 9-11 (see attached flyer for more information on this one) "19th Century Drama"
o IART 765 meets Thursdays 9-12 and will be taught by a visiting African scholar
o Jordan will be teaching his University Professor seminars on Mondays and Wednesdays 1-3. Although not an officially listed option on undergrad DARS, advisors may submit substitution forms for THAR 473. It is: UP451 section A01 (call #07250) "Theater in Popular Culture"
* Directing 420 - required for all BFA programs - will be offered in winter quarter MWF 3-5. It will also be offered in the spring MWF 3-5. Seats are limited each quarter to 14 students.
* Theater History II (271): The lecture portion is MW 11-12 and students have a choice of discussion lab on Friday: 2 sections 10-11, and 2 sections 11-12.
* Intro to Playwriting (151) will offer 2 sections in winter: M&W 10-12, and T&Th 3-5
* Elements of Performance (172) is being offered in winter: T&Th 1-3
* If you see the need for a substitution/waiver/re-equation during your advising session, please complete and submit the necessary paperwork. These should be completed PRIOR to graduation clearances.
As always, happy advising!
School of Theater
Well by Lisa Kron Opens October 15 Forum Theater
Box Office 593-4800
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Theaterfacultystaff