[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: @Lab 2010 Fall Quarter Tutorial Email

Fiocchi, Barbara fiocchib at ohio.edu
Fri Oct 1 09:32:49 EDT 2010

From: nathaniel at aesthetic.ohio.edu [mailto:nathaniel at aesthetic.ohio.edu] On Behalf Of Nathaniel Berger
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2010 9:31 AM
To: Tallman, Debi; Fiocchi, Barbara; Lagraff, Tamra; Wagner, Maureen; Kasler, Helen; Llewellyn, Brenda; Holland, Teresa
Subject: Re: @Lab 2010 Fall Quarter Tutorial Email

Hello All:

Would you please be so kind, as to once again forward this off to your Graduates, Faculty, and HTC Students?
-This year, I want to be sure that people know [repeatedly] that we have things going on in our spaces.

Nathaniel Berger
Operations Coordinator
The Aesthetic Technologies Lab

----------------------------------

Dear COFA Graduate Students and Faculty,

As The Aesthetic Technologies Lab [@Lab] continues another fall quarter we are continuing to offer and promote a series of academic workshops which address your needs. With one now behind us, and two left to go, we wanted to send out this quick reminder:

The next tutorial this quarter will be focused upon Final Cut Pro. The session will start with a short lecture/presentations followed by an in-depth hands-on tutorial time. This, and all of our tutorials, are designed to share our native expertise regarding the intersection of various technologies with art-practice and concept. Due to limitations of equipment, we ask that you notify us of your interest so that we can plan accordingly. All @Lab Tutorials are on a 1st-register basis. Please register only if you will attend the entire workshop.

We would like to tailor our presentations to YOUR specific interests. For additional information, please contact Nathaniel Berger at bergernohio.edu<http://bergernohio.edu/>, visit the @Lab weekdays between 9am - 5pm, or call 740.593.0695.

Thanks for your support, and we look forward to seeing you in the @Lab.

David LaPalombara
Interim Director

Nathaniel Berger
Operations Coordinator

2010 Fall Quarter Tutorials
·         October 22nd
8am - 2pm
o    Topic/Title: Final Cut Pro<http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/finalcutpro/> [FCP]: Working with Video
o    Description: A beginner - intermediate course in working with video and film footage within FCP. Topics covered will include: importing footage, editing footage, working with external image and sound assets; adding video effects; output for display.
o    Presenter: Brian Zahm
o    Register Here<https://spreadsheets0.google.com/a/aesthetic.ohio.edu/viewform?hl=en&formkey=dGFDR0xlbkVKYlFJel9CWUZXSXgyeGc6MA#gid=0>
o    Participation Limit: 16 Total
§  8 seats available to those without FCP access
§  8 seats available to those with personal FCP access
·         November 12th
8am - 10am
o    Topic/Title: Compression<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_compression>: Video Compression
o    Description: A beginner - intermediate course in compressing video and film for multiple output types: Topics covered will include: the basics of video compression; key differences in video types; compression tools; compression processes.
o    Presenter: Nathaniel Berger
o    Register Here<https://spreadsheets0.google.com/a/aesthetic.ohio.edu/viewform?formkey=dGxRUGNqZl9HT3pFSFF3c2pjenBHbFE6MA#gid=0>
o    Participation Limit: 16 Total

Supplementary Information

All Tutorials to be held in Putnam Hall, room 235.
Location<http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=18286788780504097154&q=%40Lab> & Directions<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=235%20putnam%20hall%2045701&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl> :
[cid:CF7DAC17-D171-4254-9A48-25FFB2C69B36 at cns.ohiou.edu]
OU Map #: 41 - Putnam Hall

Parking Information<http://www.ohio.edu/athens/parking/ngreen.html>:
§ Non-OU vehicles have to use the metered parking or Public Parking lots
§ Participants are responsible for their transportation to the Tutorial.
Further details on each upcoming tutorial may be obtained from our website or in person at a later date.

*All Tutorials are subject to change with notifications.

David LaPalombara, Professor and Director
Ohio University School of Art
528 Seigfred Hall
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 593-4290