[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: PLEASE FORWARD THIS ON TO YOUR FACULTY AND STUDENTS - DEADLINE APPROACHING!!!

Barbara Fiocchi fiocchib at ohio.edu
Tue Sep 29 08:49:36 EDT 2009

From: HERBERT, JONATHAN A. [mailto:herbertj at otc.edu]
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 4:40 PM
To: theater at ohio.edu
Subject: PLEASE FORWARD THIS ON TO YOUR FACULTY AND STUDENTS - DEADLINE
APPROACHING!!!

The 31st Annual

Mid-America Theatre Conference

 Cleveland Hyatt Regency-Arcade

March 4-7, 2010

 Playwriting Symposium

Going Public

The Playwriting Symposium of the Mid-America Theatre Conference seeks
playwrights, directors, actors, and dramaturgs to participate in our
Mid-America Dramatists Lab, which produces a series of staged readings of
new ten-minute plays.

Taking our lead from the conference-wide theme of "Getting Known: Public
Theatre and Theatre Publics," the plays may speak directly or indirectly,
thematically or stylistically, to the shifting notions of "Public Theatre"
(our theatre public, public vs. private, theatre in public, and a wide
variety of other constructions). Although we encourage playwrights to
consider the all-conference theme as food for thought, unrelated submissions
will certainly be considered.

Plays accepted into the MATC conference will receive a staged reading during
the conference with the collaboration of a director, a dramaturg, and a cast
of actors.

Audiences are comprised of MATC participants from the Playwrights Symposium
and from the other symposia of the conference.

For more information regarding the submission of ten-minute plays and
information on sending resumes in order to participate as an actor, director
or dramaturg, please click on the links below:

Playwrights - http://wiu.edu/matc/CFP%20Plywrtg%2010%20Min%20Plys.html

Actors, Directors, Dramaturgs -
http://wiu.edu/matc/CFP%20Plywrtg%20ActDirDrmtg.html

For more information, contact:

Jon Herbert (Symposium Chair) -  <mailto:herbertj at otc.edu> herbertj at otc.edu

Season Ellison (Symposium Co-Chair) -  <mailto:seasone at bgsu.edu>
seasone at bgsu.edu

Sarah Crockarell (Graduate Student Liaison) -
<mailto:sarah.crockarell at colorado.edu> sarah.crockarell at colorado.edu

Jon Herbert

2010 MATC Playwriting Symposium Chair

417.447.8979