[Theaterfacultystaff] Season Selection Proposals

Jordan Schildcrout schildcr at ohio.edu
Thu Sep 24 12:59:21 EDT 2009

Dear Friends:

The Season Selection Committee invites you to submit proposals for the
2010-2011 mainstage season.  To make a proposal, please submit the proposal
form (attached) and a copy of the script to me no later than Monday,
October 12.

In planning the season, we are looking for a variety of plays that will
also advance the SOT's curricular goals.  We welcome any and all proposals,
but we encourage you to consider the following genres and authors:

*Classic French Comedy: Moliere / Marivaux
*Restoration Comedy: Behn / Wycherley / Etherege
*British/Sophisticated Comedy: Shaw / Coward / Philip Barry / Stoppard
*Ibsen
*Brecht
*Contemporary American

We're interested in including plays by female and minority writers, as well
as plays that explore the COFA theme for 2010-2011: "Environment."

Just to be clear: the above list simply contains suggestions, not any
pre-determined mandate.  We remain open to all proposals!

Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.  The committee
looks forward to receiving your proposals.

Regards,
Jordan

Dr. Jordan Schildcrout
211 Kantner Hall