[Theaterfacultystaff] University cuts

Holly Cole cole at oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Tue Mar 10 11:28:58 EDT 2009

The College of Fine Arts has been charged to cut 4% of its budget (roughly
$550,000). This is good news compared to the 6% or more cut that we were
expecting.

The dean has elected to draw the School of Theater¹s share of this debt from
the funds that are available from Bob St. Lawrence¹s early retirement and
Ursula¹s line (the overage left after funding a junior faculty set design
position). This move will allow us to retain all of our current faculty and
staff personnel.

This was the funding that would have supported an exterior candidate for the
Director of the School so the dean is moving forward to withdraw the offer
to Karen Libmann and extend the offer to a SOT faculty member. He will
announce who the new director of the school will be when negotiations have
been completed.