[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Welcome to The School of Theater

Barbara Fiocchi fiocchib at ohio.edu
Mon Aug 31 11:32:06 EDT 2009

Here is the information that new and returning students have received from the Director’s office;

To: New Graduate Students in the School of Theater

Welcome!

We are all looking forward to having you, our first year grad students, with us next year.  Our 2009-10 season  (un)balancing acts looks exciting and, we are gearing up for a busy and productive year.

Attached is a schedule for September 8, the first day of the quarter.  September 3, is graduate student orientation http://www.ohio.edu/graduate/orientation.cfm this is an open orientation and you will not need to register but the link will take you to a schedule topics that will be covered.

This letter is for all incoming graduate students and contains general information as well as a reading list that relates to your Introduction to Grad Studies Course, Theater 500, including a list of this season’s mainstage season. ( A separate list pertaining to Theater 500 will follow soon in a separate email).  If you have not already, you will receive a separate letter from your program area.  Please read the season plays before you arrive.

While this letter has been sent to your personal email address, please keep in mind that you have been assigned a university email account and that will be your official point of contact for all university business.

There will be an All School Meet and Greet Party – Monday, Sept 7, 2009.   Time and Details follow.

We are so pleased to welcome you to the Ohio University School of Theater.  Please contact us with any questions you may have.

Sincerely,

William Fisher, Director

The Ohio University School of Theater 2009/2010 Mainstage Season

The Hostage, by Brendan Behan October 14-17 and 21-24

Directed by Dennis Delaney

The Wonderful World of Dissocia by Anthony Neilson November 4-7 and 11-14

Directed by Elenna Mosoff (MFA 2010)

Marisol by Jose Rivera February 17-20 and 24-27

Directed by Vanessa Mercado-Taylor (MFA 2010)

Love’s Labours Lost, by William Shakespeare May 5-8 and 12-15

Directed by Shelley Delaney

16th Annual Seabury Quinn Jr., Playwright’s Festival

May 26-29