[Theaterfacultystaff] Fwd: COFA RLC Participation--Fall 2009

Brian Evans evansb1 at ohio.edu
Fri Aug 21 08:22:37 EDT 2009

I've already spoken with Norma about it.  As soon as I'm assigned a
date, I'll see if I can reserve a space.

Thanks,
Brian

On Aug 20, 2009, at 4:00 PM, William Fisher wrote:

> any takers? Please contact Norma directly.
> Wm
>

>> Subject: COFA RLC Participation--Fall 2009
>>
>>> I trust that all of you are still willing to help out for one day
>>> this Fall (3 class sessions, approximately 40 minutes each) with
>>> our incoming Freshmen Residential Learning Community (RLC)
>>> classes.  For those of you new to this venture, each RLC class is
>>> made of up art, dance, music and theater students who sign up for
>>> a 1 hour “Experience the Arts” class which meets each Friday
>>> during the Fall quarter.  The intent is to have all the students
>>> participate in a representative aspect of the “creative process”
>>> for each undergraduate art form/discipline in the College (which
>>> is where your expertise comes in!)  as well as attend
>>> performances, exhibitions and guest artist lectures/
>>> demonstrations.  The times scheduled for this class are, 11-noon,
>>> 1-2 pm and 2-3 pm each Friday throughout the quarter.  For an
>>> idea of activities and events associated with prior classes,
>>> please check out http://www.finearts.ohio.edu/pages/prostudent/
>>> undergrad/rlc.htm.
>>>
>>> I am listing the available Fridays for your hands-on
>>> demonstrations/workshops for the Fall quarter below. You will
>>> only need to do 1 presentation and repeat it for each of the
>>> three classes on 1 Friday during the quarter.  Please check your
>>> calendars and let me know which (if any) of the following dates
>>> you cannot work with us.  If you have a preference of dates to do
>>> your presentation, please indicate that as well.  Those who have
>>> already voiced some preferences are listed below.
>>
>>> I will also ask that you reserve space in your building for this
>>> student interaction to take place and let me know the building/
>>> room number.  (Steven--I'm still working on an alternative space
>>> for you.)
>>>
>>> Sept. 11-Filled
>>> Sept. 18-Open  (Paschal?)
>>> Sept. 25-Open  (Paschal?)
>>> Oct.    2-Filled--Field trip--Kennedy Museum of Art, Sally Delgado
>>> Oct.    9-Filled
>>> Oct.  16-Open  (Steven?)
>>> Oct.  23-Open  (Steven?)
>>> Oct.  30-Open