[Theaterfacultystaff] FW: Theatre Workshops

Barbara Fiocchi fiocchib at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 8 15:17:30 EDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Cardinal [mailto:tomcardinal at earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 1:36 PM
To: fiocchib at ohio.edu
Subject: Theatre Workshops

Ms Fiocchi

Hello!

This is Tom Cardinal, president of the Theatre Roundtable of Central Ohio.
Earlier this year, you were kind enough to forward information to your
students about our auditions, the UNFIED AUDITIONS.

Well, I am excited to announce another event coming up, and I was hoping you
could pass this along to your students as well!

On Saturday, April 18, 2009, the Theatre Roundtable of Central Ohio will be
holding their 3rd Annual Conference of Theatre Workshops.  The event will be
held at Columbus State Community College in downtown Columbus.

These workshops are specifically targeted for participants interested in:
-deepening their knowledge of stagecraft -stage combat -creating a role
-working as a director with your performers -sketch comedy -vocal master
classes (two of them!!)

The Vocal Master Classes are new this year!! They will be presented by
Matthew Trombetta, Managing Artistic Director For Weathervane Playhouse.
Mr. Trombetta has maintained large vocal studios in New York City and now
here in the Columbus area.  His students are on Broadway and singing with
major regional companies across the country.  If you perform musical theatre
and are interested in serving as a participant in this workshop, you should
apply directly to Mr. Trombetta:
matthew at matthewtrombetta.com <mailto:matthew at matthewtrombetta.com> ,
mentioning the Theatre Roundtable Workshops.

However, all the workshops are Presented by working Theatre Professionals
from the Central Ohio area.

Co-sponsored by the Communication Skills Department at Columbus State
Community College, the event will be held on the campus in the Nestor Hall
Seminar Rooms, Lower Level.  Please see the attached flyers for additional
information.

2009 Individual Theatre Roundtable Members and Students (with ID):
only  $5.00  (Includes  a  Free Lunch)

Because space is limited, we are suggesting early registration.

For additional information, leave a message for a return call at the Theatre
Roundtable number 614-470-0190, or call Nancy Kephart personally at
614-287-2534.

You can also email Nancy at nkephart at cscc.edu <mailto:nkephart at cscc.edu>
anytime.

You can also register online at www.theatreroundtable.org
<http://www.theatreroundtable.org/> .

I've attached a flyer with registration form.  Please scroll down the flyer
to see more information about and time each session is presented.

Hope to see you there.

Tom Cardinal