[Theaterfacultystaff] Lunchbag 11/14

Jordan Schildcrout schildcr at ohio.edu
Wed Nov 12 16:22:37 EST 2008

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

I want to make sure that all of you know about a special event happening at
this week's Lunchbag.  The student dramaturgs for The Grapes of Wrath have
coordinated a panel discussion, inviting colleagues from various
disciplines to engage in a conversation about the play and its significance.

I'm very proud of the students for organizing this event, especially since
it aims to highlight the relevance of our work as artists and thinkers
within our society at this crucial time in our history.  I think it will be
a stimulating event, and it would be great to see a strong faculty turnout
to welcome our guests from across the university.

Regards,
Jordan

THE GRAPES OF WRATH, THEN AND NOW:
The Great Depression and Our Current Economic Crisis

Friday, November 14
12:10 - 1:00, Kantner Hall

Scheduled Participants:
Bryce Britton, Director, Grapes Of Wrath
Julie Paxton, Professor of Economics
Paul Milazzo, Professor of History
Stephen J. Scanlan, Professor of Sociology
Keith Wasserman, Community Activist