[Studentsenatemaster-l] You're Invited! Building Trust through Civil Discourse, Feb 2 @ 5:30pm

Troyer, Rose rt283210 at ohio.edu
Fri Jan 16 15:53:42 EST 2015

? The Ohio University Student Senate Alumni Society invite all current OU students, alumni, administration, and faculty to join us at our annual advocacy event to discuss civil discourse on Monday, February 2 at 5:30pm at Baker Center Rm 242. Register here.<https://secure.www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/OUL/event/showEventForm.jsp?form_id=185469>

Is it possible in public discourse to disagree without being disagreeable? Why do politicians seem to be talking past each other?

Come learn how a bipartisan Statehouse duo work together to create a more civil working environment at the Ohio General Assembly and beyond. Our esteemed speakers will hold a discussion on their work with political leaders to set aside personal attacks, while promoting greater understanding and better decision-making.

Keynote Speakers:

  *   State Senator Frank LaRose, an Akron-area Republican
  *   Former State Representative Ted Celeste, a suburban Columbus Democrat and director at the National Institute for Civil Discourse

Agenda:

  *   5:30-6pm: Registration and Networking, refreshments will be provided
  *   6-7:30pm: Program

Registration is FREE to all current OU students.  Space is limited, register today:https://secure.www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/OUL/event/showEventForm.jsp?form_id=185469

For more information, please contact Kristen Easterday, secretary, OU Student Senate Alumni Society at kristenaeasterday at gmail.com<mailto:kristenaeasterday at gmail.com>. ?