[Studentsenatemaster-l] State House Rally RSVP- Wednesday 2/25

Mathes, Benjamin bm471311 at ohio.edu
Fri Feb 20 12:42:49 EST 2015

Hope everyone is staying warm!

As I mentioned at Wednesday's GBM I am attempting to arrange a carpool to go to the State House to rally with Ohio's Young Invincibles on higher education reform. I am in limbo in regards to a rescheduled test next week but have every intention of going if I can avoid retaking the test on Wednesday. If I am able to go I will be taking one car up that can seat four others including myself but I am looking for other drivers who would be willing to go (Senate will reimburse gas money and parking).

IF I am able to go next Wednesday I will leaving at 9am from the bottom of Baker! Please email me if you are interested in attending so I can get you a ride. Additionally please RSVP to the link below in Justin Yeater's (Young Invincibles Coordinator) details about the event if you want to attend.

?

At 11:00 am, we're having a press conference/rally for college affordability with a couple of legislative sponsors. Our goal is to get 100+ students to attend, attract a lot of media attention, and talk about the need for Ohio to invest in public higher education. You can RSVP at the event page here<http://www.studentimpactproject.org/ohio_february_25>.

Following the press conference we'll have students break out into groups for legislative meetings. We're in the process of scheduling those, but we plan to meet with all of the key players in the legislature that have an impact on higher education in the state.

After the legislative advocacy meetings are finished, we'll meet up for a meal sponsored by the Ohio Students Association at a place nearby.

We'd love to have as many folks as possible from Ohio University represented. As many students as you can bring are welcome. There is a small fund set aside to help out with travel expenses if you're interested.

Thanks for your help. Please let other students know about the event, and if there are any questions feel free to reach out via email or (417) 438-7585<tel:%28417%29%20438-7585>.

Take care,

Justin

Best

Ben Mathes
Ohio University Honors Tutorial College '16
Ohio University Student Senate Governmental Affairs Commissioner
Voinovich Undergraduate Research Scholar

Phone: (+1) 614-598-9288