[Studentsenatemaster-l] UPDATES

Troyer, Rose rt283210 at ohio.edu
Thu Oct 2 16:48:41 EDT 2014

Happy Thursday Senate!

FRC Mattress Carry tonight at 6:30PM at the top of Baker, be there!

7PM tonight Jack Halberstam will speaking in Scripps.

OUABJ is hosting Gregory H. Lee Jr <https://twitter.com/gleejr9472> in Walter Hall 135 at 8PM.

Here is the link to the It's On Us Campaign:

http://itsonus.org/

Do it. Share it.

Also, I will be filming for this campaign during my office hours this week. If you are willing to be a part of the video campaign please come! Also, if you aren't available MThFri 4-6 or TW 5-7, email me and we can set up an appointment.

Here is the link to the Robert's Rules Cheat Sheet:

http://www.molloy.edu/Documents/Student%20Government/MSG%20ROBERTS_RULES_CHEAT_SHEET.pdf

Here is the link to the Roster:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y3JoPLrYLpgvf-VFlgzn3WmGYvBWjxvEy8QKT0YILgo/edit#gid=0

Last link and it's to the R&P/Official Documents:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bxz_sVuEjAp8YWdKTEhZQldHY2s&usp=sharing

I received feedback from one of my classes that Student Senate should work on trying to make textbook costs lower, so if anyone is interested in working on that, let me know!

Here just reminders of events brought up last night (I tried to catch them all):

This Saturday there is a group going to Logan to help with the Food Pantry from 8:30AM-12PM, I have 3 spots left in my car, text me if you want to come: (330) 231-0423.

At 9:30AM this Saturday there is a 5K for Friends of the Shelter Dogs.

This Sunday from 2PM-5PM there will be a cook out on College Green with ACTION!

October 9th at Ping there will be a Canned Food Drive.

October 11th-13th Ryant and Olivia are trying to organize a group to go to Ferguson, let them know if you are interested.

October 15th the City of Athens Environmental Committee will be having a discussion at 6PM in the Athens Community Center.

October 26th Run Like Hell costume 5k for cystic fibrosis.

In January the Patton College is giving out prizes for the best video about Public Education.

Sorry for the long email, I hope it was beneficial!

Best,

Rose

Rose Troyer
Ohio University
Strategic Communications: E.W. Scripps School of Journalism
Chief of Staff: Ohio University Student Senate
Multimedia Intern: Office of Education Abroad
Vice President of Athens Beautification Day: CSLC
Co-Chair: Students in Philanthropy
Vice President: ACTION
Twitter: @RoseTroyer
rt283210 at ohio.edu