[Studentsenatemaster-l] Updates from all Fronts

McDaniel, Caitlyn cm947610 at ohio.edu
Tue Nov 25 14:34:51 EST 2014

Senate,

I'm sure that by now you have all heard about the occupation that took place last night in Baker Center. As a result of these actions, a joint summit (sponsored by NAACP, Senate and many other organizations) will be taking place next Tuesday, December 2nd at 7pm in Baker Theater?. Please share the event here<https://www.facebook.com/events/1504328563179781/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming>.

In response to the events that occurred last night in Ferguson, I would encourage you all to get out of the mainstream media bubble. Democracy Now! had great coverage, where they actually interviewed members of the black community on their feelings surrounding the verdict. Please take a moment watch the video here<http://www.democracynow.org/>.

[http://www.democracynow.org/images/dntv.jpeg?201411241401]<http://www.democracynow.org/>

Democracy Now!
A daily independent global news hour with Amy Goodman & Juan González
Read more...<http://www.democracynow.org/>

Finally, I've posted in the R&P folder a very crucial resolution. If you would like to co-sponsor, please attach your name?<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JOQVV1CG9Z9QWa5ZjJ4K3XvLhqxqX8K2vPUWY50W6KE/edit?usp=sharing>.

In solidarity, and happy holidays,

Caitlyn