[Studentsenatemaster-l] Proxy

McDaniel, Caitlyn cm947610 at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 13 10:43:03 EST 2014

Senate,

If you cannot attend a senate meeting, you must appoint a proxy. We almost could not vote on some seriously crucial resolutions last night because we almost did not reach quorum.

Rose and I will begin enforcing the rules if people choose not to participate. If you miss more than 3 meetings without appointing a proxy (starting today), you will be reported to Conduct and Discipline, and you could be eligible for dismissal.

A proxy is someone who votes in your place so that we can maintain quorum without you. They are obligated to vote however you tell them to vote.

This model of governance requires direct participation on your part because your constituents do not have that right (sadly), and you all agreed to this model when you took office.

Please do not drag down the rest of us because you have not taken the time to appoint a proxy (I’m sure there are many members of senate and students in general who would be glad to have a vote). Please let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

Caitlyn