[Studentsenatemaster-l] Walk a Mile Week

Koenig, Madison mk400810 at ohio.edu
Sun Nov 2 22:02:14 EST 2014

Hi all,

Attached are the flyers for Walk a Mile Week. To be honest, I'm much more excited for the events leading up to the march than the march itself. Check them out, and attend if you can (especially Wednesday's events).

Monday: 7-8:30, Walter 145, there will be a screening of Tough Guise 2: Violence, Manhood, and American Culture.

Tuesday, 7-8:30, Ellis 116, there will be a panel discussion Healthy Masculinities.

Wednesday, the art activist group FORCE: Upsetting Rape Culture, will be coming to Campus. They do really awesome work, including a monument quilt for survivors of sexual assault that will be displayed on the National Mall next summer. Check out their work at http://www.upsettingrapeculture.com?. At 12pm in the Women's Center, they will be having a brown bag discussion about the work they do. At 2pm, also in the Women's Center, they will be having a discussion on LGBTQ Identities and Rape Culture. From 6-8pm in Baker Theater, they will be hosting an interactive workshop that will include making quilt squares for their monument quilt. Force events have their own separate flyer, which is attached.

On Thursday, from 12-1pm, in the Women's Center, there will be a Brown Bag discussion on healthy masculinities.

>From 7-8 during the Fuck Rape Culture meeting in the Women's Center, we will be working on some subversive signs to hold up during the march on Saturday, focused on adding more nuance to the sideline support--ie, asking the men who are marching to do more than wear high heels for one afternoon in order to combat sexual violence.

On Friday, from 1-3pm in Baker 239, there will be an open forum to discuss the events of the week and prepare for Saturday's march.

Thanks!

Madison Koenig
(513) 236 9226
mk400810 at ohio.edu<mailto:mk400810 at ohio.edu>
Ohio University Honors Tutorial College - English Literature '15
Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs - Undergraduate Research Scholar
Ohio University Student Senate - Women's Affairs Commissioner
Sphere Undergraduate Literary Magazine - Managing Editor