[Studentsenatemaster-l] Student Senate Orientation

McDaniel, Caitlyn cm947610 at ohio.edu
Wed Jun 11 14:14:32 EDT 2014

What’s up team?!

Hope your summers are going well. Mine certainly is: OU has announced that they will not be building a $100,000,000 gas plant here on campus (a HUGE WIN for environmental organizers at OU and around the state), and next week a group of students will be attending a conference in Montreal to learn about organizing for student power.

If you have big news pertaining to Student Senate, please feel free to message this listserv (Master Roll) so that we can all hear about it. Just remember: this is not a private message board, and you will be held accountable for any lack of respect towards other senators, staff, and students. (Freedom of speech is welcome; just prepare yourself to be called out if you cross the line.)

Most importantly, I hope you all take note that Wednesday, August 20th will be the first day of Student Senate Orientation 2014. For those of you living on campus, you will be able to move in early. Details on that will be coming later in the coming month. We do expect you to be moved in and ready to kickstart the three-day orientation by 7pm on Wednesday.

We have a few ideas so far (speakers, adventures, and snowflake modeling-huzzah!), but please feel free to give us any suggestions. This event is mandatory. Unfortunately, we won’t have much time once school starts to get to know each other, so this will be our only opportunity. Those of you who fail to attend will have to think of another way to familiarize themselves with our goals for the year and your fellow Student Senate members (plus all the rules and regulations that we have to put up with…) If you have a serious conflict that you don’t think you can miss, please let me know- we’ll figure something out.

Finally, in the chaos of the end of the year, I know that we have let a few people who were interested in becoming involved with student senate fall through the cracks. If you have a friend who has been waiting to meet with us about a position, please encourage them to contact me directly to ensure that they were not forgotten.

As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. More info about orientation will be coming soon.

Peace,

Caitlyn McDaniel
614.558.3360
VP | Student Senate