[State_authorization_update] State Authorization Updates

Stone, Kia stonek1 at ohio.edu
Fri Sep 4 15:14:32 EDT 2015

Good afternoon everyone,

SARA
Michigan is tenth state approved for participation in the Midwestern-State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement
http://www.mhec.org/news/201509/michigan-is-tenth-state-approved-for-participation-in-midwestern-state-authorization

REGULATIONS
Minnesota has recently made the determination that they will no longer require institutions to register with their state office for the purposes of sending students to Minnesota for an internship or a clinical placement.  Institutions are welcome to have students' complete clinical internships in Minnesota without any further action from their office. This regulation change only applies to students that are not residents of Minnesota that are living temporarily in Minnesota for the purposes of attending an internship or clinical in Minnesota. (Meaning that this is NOT of online/distance learning students)

APPLICATIONS IN PROCESS
We have a program that is interested in starting the authorization process for authorization in Delaware. This application is only for online and on-the-ground (face-to-face) programs that have field experiences  included in their curriculum.

If you are interested in approval for your program in Delaware, please get back to me no later than September 4, 2015 by email. I have attached some documents that list what/why the state is requiring from the institution. I will be completing this application; however, I will need some assistance from program staff to get specific program/faculty information.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We have a program that is interested in starting the authorization process for authorization in North Carolina. This application is only for online and on-the-ground (face-to-face) programs that have field experiences included in their curriculum.

If you are interested in approval for your program in North Carolina, please get back to me no later than September 9, 2015 by email. I have attached some links and information below that list what the state is requiring from the institution and the state's regulations that support their requests.

WEBSITE
If your program, department or school offers field experiences, delivered by distance learning or on-the-ground, please go to the faculty/staff webpage and view the field experience spreadsheets for your particular delivery option regularly because states are frequently changing their regulations.
There has been some new text added at https://www.ohio.edu/ecampus/about/authorization_essential_concerns.htm. We have also updated some of the information on the state authorization home page (https://www.ohio.edu/ecampus/about/authorization.htm), and there is more explanation on the faculty/staff page at https://www.ohio.edu/ecampus/about/authorization_faculty_staff/index.htm.

Please contact me if you have any questions/concerns about any of the information that is listed.

Thanks!

Kia

Kia D. Stone, M.S.
Coordinator of Compliance and Quality Assurance
[QM Implemenation Logo]  Quality Matters Coordinator
Ohio University
740.593.2558