[State_authorization_update] Current Updates

Stone, Kia stonek1 at ohio.edu
Tue Dec 1 12:32:24 EST 2015

Good afternoon!

We have great news to share!
On behalf of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements, Ohio University is an institutional participant in the SARA initiative.

Most of you may have seen the compass article concerning the SARA approval; however, if you haven't here is the link https://www.ohio.edu/compass/stories/15-16/11/OHIO-approved-SARA.cfm.

Also, Delaware has re-interpreted their regulations in regards to field experiences for face-to-face programs and these will no longer need to be approved.

Out-of-state institutions that are ONLY offering an internship, practicum, or student teaching within Delaware, intended for the convenience of the student, but are not offering courses, programs of courses, or degrees within Delaware, do NOT need to apply for authorization.

This is not the case for online programs; due to this same re-interpretation has caused All institutions to submit an application to Delaware for approval to enroll Delaware candidates in courses, programs of courses or degrees. For that reason, eLearning OHIO is currently in the process of submitting this application to Delaware and everyone will be notified once we have received this approval. In the meantime, we are permitted to continue educating Delaware residents until further notice.

Thanks!

Kia

Kia D. Stone, M.S.
Coordinator of Compliance and Quality Assurance
[QM Implemenation Logo]  Quality Matters Coordinator
Ohio University
740.593.2558