[Stars] Meeting Time 9/16/2015 Baker Room 236

Stars at Ohio University ohioustars at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:09:00 EDT 2015

Hey Everyone,

*Happy Week Four!*

You don’t want to miss today's’ STARS meeting!

*General Body Meeting*

Members are encouraged to sit in on Ohio University's LGBTIQQAA Student
Union’s “Open Doors” Meeting.

Those that choose to stay, will view MTV’s Documentary: ‘White People’

What does it mean to be white? MTV’s ‘White People’ is a groundbreaking
documentary on race that aims to answer that question from the viewpoint of
young white people living in America today.

*Join Us in Baker 236 7:10pm-9pm!*

For those that can’t make it, I encourage you to watch the documentary on
your own time!

The film follows Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and filmmaker, Jose
Antonio Vargas, as he travels across the country to get this complicated
conversation started. ‘White People’ asks what’s fair when it comes to
affirmative action, if colorblindness is a good thing, what privilege
really means, and what it’s like to become the “white minority” in your
neighborhood. For more information on ‘White People,’ and to join the
conversation, head to race.lookdifferent.org.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zjj1PmJcRM

Finally,

We invite all members to stay for the exec meeting to help brainstorm
Poster Campaign slogans and talk about potential models, photographers, and
graphic designers. We will also settle on a t-shirt design.

Remember,* Baker 236 from 7:10 - 9pm. *

Best,

The Exec Board

--
Joshelyn Smith
President of STARS

Clayton Hamre
Vice-President of STARS
Ohio University | Athens, Ohio

*If you would like to be taken off of the STARS mailing list please respond
to this email.