[Stars] Meeting Time 2/17/2014

ohioustars ohioustars at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 08:30:02 EST 2014

Good Morning STARS and Happy Black History Month!
Finally, we will be having a general body meeting this semester!
Our last two meetings were canceled, due to the university closing!

In today's meeting we will have an open discussion about Black History
Month and its origins.

Come discuss with us in* Baker Room 237* at* 6 pm!*

We will also briefly be discussing the rescheduled "It Takes a Village"
event this Friday.

This annual event is an educational program hosted by Students Teaching
About Racism in Society (STARS) that educates local elementary school
students about Martin Luther King Jr.'s legacy, diversity awareness,
sexism, inequality and classism. This year's event will take place at East
Elementary School in Athens, Ohio.

We are asking for at least 12 volunteers that are great with children to
help us out with this event.

*We are finalizing our T-shirt orders! *

*Finally, we will finish by brainstorming topic discussions and activities
for the rest of the semester.  *

If you are unable to make this meeting but still want some sort of
involvement, you should like us/add us on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/oustars

And follow us on twitter! :
https://twitter.com/OU_STARS

--