[Stars] STARS meeting and events

Lanier, Olivia ol173610 at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 14 18:33:32 EST 2013

Hi all,

I hope that everyone had an enjoyable winter break! At our exec meeting earlier today we decided that our meetings for this semester will be at the same time as last semester, 5 to 6 pm on Mondays, and the room is still TBA.

As you all are probably aware, Martin Luther King Jr. Day is next Monday. STARS will be participating in two events in honor of this day. The first is a MLK day event with Sojourners in Vinton County. It will begin around 8 am on next Monday and last until approx. 1 pm. STARS has been asked to do a short 3-minute modification of a diversity training activity. The second event is a silent march and brunch that is hosted by OU. The silent march will begin at 10 AM at Galbreath Chapel and the brunch will begin at 11 AM in the Baker ballroom. Tickets for the brunch are $12 per person or $80 for a table of 8. STARS would like to purchase a table for the event, but we need more people who would be interested in attending. If you are interested in participating in either event, please let me know by Wednesday.

Thanks,
Olivia