[Stars] stars minutes 9/24/12

Lanier, Olivia ol173610 at ohio.edu
Tue Sep 25 10:20:56 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

This is what was covered at the meeting yesterday:

1. Recap of Exec meeting

    a. Posters - Have decided on the quote "When this is all the world thinks of you... it's NOT funny." with the image being a race-based party and a person of that race standing in the forefront.

    b. Presidential Race - This is an event on which we are collaborating with college democrats...maybe republicans, too. I'm not sure. It will examine the role that race played in the previous election, as well as the role it is playing in the current election. It will take place on October 22.

    c. Food for Thought- This event will take place TONIGHT from 6 to 8 PM at the Athens Public Library. If you have nothing going on, make sure you check it out!

2. Discussion on "The Innocence of Muslims"

Also, dues to join STARS are $5 a semester. Please bring them with you to next weeks meeting if you have not already paid them. If you can't pay this for finanicial reasons, please let us know.

Hope to see you all again next week!

Olivia