[Stars] Opportunity for STARS Members

Hawkins, Keith kh148408 at ohio.edu
Thu May 17 13:12:12 EDT 2012

STARS Members,
The Dean of the University College, Dr. David Descutner, has been working with Stephanie Sanders on STARS behalf to create 4 partial (50%) scholarships in order to allow STARS members to join other faculty at the Summer Institute for Diversity (SIDE) training sessions July 8-11, 2012. This means that $250 of the $500 registration fee will be paid for by the University. This is an incredible opportunity and I hope STARS members will take full advantage of it. Below is the message from Dean Descutner and the application to apply for this scholarship.

Sincerely,
Keith Hawkins
President of STARS

Begin forwarded message:

Let me start by saying I am sorry to be late in sending you this message.  I have talked with Stephanie Sanders about the possibility of offering students who participate in STARS the opportunity to participate in this year's Summer Institute for Diversity (SIDE), which Stephanie is coordinating and which will be held July 8-11. The registration fee is $500. Stephanie and I agreed that it would be wonderful to have engaged undergraduates as participants, and so we thought we would offer 4 partial scholarships of $250 to interested students.  Stephanie and I developed a simple application that students would submit to my office in 140 Chubb. That application is attached to this email.

Please share this opportunity with STARS participants, and please let me know if you have questions.

Sincerely,

David Descutner
Dean, University College
Executive Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education
Professor of Communication Studies

-Keith Hawkins

Astrophysics | Honors Tutorial College
President | STARS