[Stars] STARS LOGOS

Hawkins, Keith kh148408 at ohio.edu
Tue Mar 27 23:30:47 EDT 2012

Please thumb up or down our new Logo designs as soon as possible

Thank you,
Keith Hawkins
President of STARS

Begin forwarded message:

From: "See, Taylor" <ts372009 at ohio.edu<mailto:ts372009 at ohio.edu>>
Date: March 27, 2012 11:07:30 PM EDT
To: "Hawkins, Keith" <kh148408 at ohio.edu<mailto:kh148408 at ohio.edu>>
Subject: STARS LOGOS

Hey STARS,

So here are the logos. Numbers 1-3 play with the concept of providing insight into others’ lives. The major shapes are abstract eyes, as a metaphor for us “opening other people’s eyes” to racial issues, and for “seeing the light.”

The fourth logo is divided into three parts. The top (red section) represents us. We are red as a metaphor for passion. The dark section represents the ignorance that many people in society have about race and racial issues,  and the light section represents the opposite-- the people that have knowledge, and have been “Shown the light.”  As the red section, symbolically, we lay on top of both of the other sections to represent the power that we have to manipulate both the ignorance and the consciousness. The three sections make a T, and the T in “STARS” is colored red to emphasize the most important aspect of our group—teaching.

Please let me know which one all of you like best. Like I said, these are not FINAL logos, it’s more like draft 1. Whatever you pick, keep in mind that it has to be something cool to put on a shirt, documents, posters, and look equally as cool in black and white.  For the record, I like the unbalanced logo and the logo #4 the best, but I think all are cool, so let me know what you think in the GROUP TEXT by 5pm tomorrow. That’s about it!

Taylor A. See
College of Education and Human Services
Retail Merchandising and Fashion Product Development
Events Coordinator, S.T.A.R.S.
Director, Umoja Project
PIRG Intern
OUIA Scholar