[Stars] FW: 9/27 Minutes

Bush, Chrissa cb310009 at ohio.edu
Thu Sep 29 22:30:06 EDT 2011

Chrissa Bush

Ohio University
College of Communication Studies

________________________________
From: Bush, Chrissa
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:48 PM
To: ohioustars at gmail.com
Subject: 9/27 Minutes

Stars 9/27/11

1.    Events

a.     SAC PAC

b.    Fall- movie night: date?

                                               i.     Book room

                                             ii.     Movie ideas

                                            iii.     Flyers

2.    Poster Campaign

a.     Flyers instead

b.    White person in black face, a black girl looking at her and then a Latino looking at both of them.

                                               i.     This is offensive, and this is why.

c.     Week before Halloween

d.    Put it in the post and making a story about it.

3.    Fundraising

a.     October 7th and 8th

b.    Health permit- Katie

c.     T-shirts- come up with designs

                                               i.     Taylor is waiting on design students

4.    Dues/ Social

a.     Dues are due by week 5

b.    Social week 6 or week 7

5.    Dr. Bridges

a.     Vice Provost for

b.    Plot big picture strategy to diffuse diversity throughout the climate, as well as other issues that arrives upon students and staff.

c.     Diversity training in the winter

6.    Video Clips

a.     Tim Wise on Obama and Race

                                               i.     War on drugs is actually racist- not really about drugs.

                                             ii.     Shape shifting of racism

                                            iii.     Making exceptions is actually racist.

b.    Yellow Rage

7.    Next Week:

a.     How can we irradiate racism 2.0? What can we do?