[Stars] Fwd: STARS MINUTES

Stars at Ohio University ohioustars at gmail.com
Thu May 19 13:42:58 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stars at Ohio University <ohioustars at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 19, 2011 at 1:39 PM
Subject: STARS MINUTES
To: Mass Email <stars at listserv.ohio.edu>

Hey all,

        Here are the Minutes for this weeks meeting...they're short this
week so it will be quick, promise!!!

*STARS MINUTES 5-16-11*

   - *Announcements*
      - *Sarah *is running for Student Senate, along with her group, RSVP.
      So if you are interested in RSVP or even FACE (Sarah dont be mad) dont
      forget to vote, today is the last day. Vote for the delegates
that you think
      will help support or improve an issue that is important to you,
that is here
      on campus.

   - *RED BRICK FUNDRAISER!!!!!*
      - Today is the day!!! So tell all your friends, classmates, lovers,
      teachers, even imaginary friends to come out to Red Brick
between 6 and 9 to
      help support our fundraiser. Dont forget to tell them about the
prizes...who
      doesnt like prizes, right?
      - Volunteers: Katie, Alex, Antonio, Micia, Keith, and Emily we have to
      be at Red Brick by 5:30 for training. However, *I will be in the front
      room at 5:20*, so if you wanna meet up with me we can walk together.
      - Also volunteers dont forget to wear OU GEAR, that is our uniforms
      for today!

   - *Racism 2.0*
      - For our weekly discussion we decided to watch a few clips from *Tom
      Wise's *speech on white privileged and other issues dealing with race,
      and then we had a good discussion about his thoughts and how we
felt about
      them. Good job everyone!
         - Also, Alex gave all of us an article to take home to read, so be
         prepared to discuss the topic on Monday's meeting.
            - *Alex could you send me an attachment so I can forward the
            Article for all of those who didn't get one too*?

Those were the Minutes for this week's meeting....see it was harmless. Have
a good remainder of your week!

And I'm looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful faces with your
hundreds of friends tonight at Red Brick :-)

Micia Clemmons
Secretary of STARS
Mc970808 at ohio.edu

--
--------------------------------
Laura Hyde
lh264909 at ohio.edu

Keith Hawkins
Co-President of STARS
Honors Tutorial College, Astrophysics Major
kh148408 at ohio.edu

--

kh148408 at ohio.edu