[Stars] STARS MINUTES

Stars at Ohio University ohioustars at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 16:35:16 EDT 2011

  STARS MINUTES 3-28-11

   - Welcome Back!
      - I hope everyone had a nice and relaxing spring break, and hopefully
      you all are ready to take on spring quarter.
      - I wanted to say welcome to all the new comers this quarter, we are
      super excited to have you.
   - Tom Martinez
      - The Tom Martinez Event is this week, March 31 at 6pm; its quickly
      approaching and we still have a few things we need to get done
            - There will be Ads in the Post from today until Thursday,
            telling about our event.
            - We have Tom Martinez Announcements on the OU Website,
            including the Compass.
               - Antonio said he will put something up on the Campus
               Involvement Website.
            - Everyone try to continue to pick up and post fliers around
            campus. There will be a pile of printed off fliers in our STARS
            Mailbox on the 3rd floor of Baker. I will send you the exact
            coordinates later, but there should be a list next to the
mailboxes telling
            you where ours is.
         - Day of the Event
            - Alex will pick up Tom Martinez from the Columbus Airport at
            3:30 pm on Thursday.
            - Tables need to be set up by 5:30 outside of the doors.
               - Kieth will set up the tables
            - Everyone (us) should start arriving at 5:30 to help out with
            the tables.
            - Dress Business Casual for this Event, we want to be
            presentable for our guest.
            - The event will promptly start at 6pm
            - Ashely and Sara will take Tom Martinez back to Columbus that
            night
          - Themes for this quarter events
      - Here are some ideas that we can use to help guide what type of
      events we want to start during this quarter:
         1. Media and the its Portrayal of Minorities
         2. Affirmative Action
         3. Segregation/ Red-Lining
         4. Inter-Racial Relationships
         5. Internalized Oppression
         6. Intersectionality
         7. Racism within the Women community
         8. Classism
       - Fundraising
      - We still need to continue to raise money for our organization in
      order to pull of these events this quarter, here are some ideas
we came up
      with:
         - Group of us be waiters at Red Brick and try to collect tips
         - Sell food during the Spring Festivals
         - Car Wash

So those are the minutes for this weeks meeting, dont forget to be at the Baker
Theater at 5:30 on Thursday, March 31. Remember to dress Business Casual.
This is going to be a great event!

Also don't forget to keep Advertising!!!!!

See you all Thursday!

Micia Clemmons
Secretary of STARS
Mc970808 at ohio.edu

--
Laura Hyde
lh264909 at ohio.edu

Keith Hawkins
Co-President of STARS
Honors Tutorial College, Astrophysics Major
kh148408 at ohio.edu