[Stars] STARS Meeting

Hyde, Laura lh264909 at ohio.edu
Sun Jan 30 21:00:54 EST 2011

 Dear STARS,
We will not be meeting at our usual time and place this week, instead we're encouraging everyone to attend Africology: Bridging the Gap. The event is being put on by The Association of Nigerians at Ohio University at 6pm in Baker's Front Room. There people will discuss divisions between African culture and African American culture and whether or not they can be merged. It is bound to be a really good discussion- so please come out!!

Also this week will be The "N-Word" Debate. It is being hosted by NAACP and put on in the Multipurpose Room of the Baker Multicultural Center (Baker 205) Tuesday February 1st from 7-10pm. This event is part of Student Senate's Black History Month Kick-Off which has many more great events that can be found via the facebook event (also posted on the STARS facebook wall).

Hope to see you all at some of these events!

Laura Hyde
Co-President of STARS
College of Arts and Science, International Studies and French Major
Class of 2013
Ohio University| Athens, Ohio
lh264909 at ohio.edu<mailto:lh264909 at ohio.edu>