[Spa-L] Student Affairs Week

Gunderson, Katie kg312412 at ohio.edu
Mon Oct 20 11:00:39 EDT 2014

Hello Everyone,

October is Careers in Student Affairs month and the Student Personnel Association (SPA) has planned Student Affairs (SA) Week, a week of activities to raise awareness about student affairs! SA Week will be October 20-23rd, check out our events!

 Monday, October 20th: Twitter Conversations
- Be sure to follow @SPAtweets, @OHIOVP, @JennyHallJones, @JSPMIH, @HESAOhioand at OHIOStuAffairs as they will be tweeting about what it’s like to be a Student Affairs professional, as well as, what careers in Student Affairs look like. Use the hashtag #SAweekOU to contribute to the conversation.

 Tuesday, October 21st: Thank a Student Affairs Pro
- Come outside to the 4th floor of Baker from11am-2pm to write a Thank You note to a student affairs professional who has helped you out! There will also be cookies and hot chocolate available.

 Wednesday, October 22nd: Pie-A-Pro Fundraiser
- Pie-A-Pro/GA outside the 4th floor of Baker Center from 1pm-5pm.

 Thursday, October 23rd: Keynote Speaker, Dr. Rich Whitney
- Dr. Rich Whitney, Associate Professor and Director of the Student Affairs graduate program at DePaul University will be giving his keynote speech on “Water Dynamics in Student Affairs” in Baker 240 at 7pm. Dr. Whitney will discuss how student affairs professionals make change on campus in many different ways, as well as, how to decide if Student Affairs is the career for you. There will be light refreshments of cookies, tea, and hot chocolate available for those attending.

If there are any questions regarding these events or how to get involved, please contact Taylor King at tk709613 at ohio.edu<mailto:tk709613 at ohio.edu>.

We look forward to seeing you at our events!