[Spa-L] Student Personnel Association Elections and Survey

Gunderson, Katie kg312412 at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 27 17:30:37 EST 2014

Hello Everyone,

I hope that you are staying safe and warm with the chilling temperatures that are approaching.  I just wanted to send an update/reminder email in regards to our General Body Meeting this Thursday, January 30th from 10-11:00 a.m. as we will be holding elections for the positions of Historian, 2nd Year Representative, and Community Service Chair at next week's meeting, February 6th, 2014.  Information regarding the aforementioned positions are as follows:

§  Historian

[cid:image002.gif at 01CF1B85.7DE8E8D0]      The Historian's essential responsibilities include recording the events, activities, and efforts of the Student Personnel Association and, at times, the College Student Personnel program.  Taking photos and documenting any and all of SPA's major programs will serve as common duties of the position.  The Historian will work closely with the Vice President of Technology and others to display the organization's history for future and past alumni to view.  Developing a running portfolio to pass on to future SPA boards is also a possibility.  This position requires a high level of involvement and attendance at all major SPA efforts. The Historian will also lead the creation of an annual SPA newsletter to maintain records of SPA events for faculty, staff, and alum.

§  2nd Year Representative

[cid:image002.gif at 01CF1B85.7DE8E8D0]      The Second Year Representative will serve as a communication channel to the second year cohort of SPA events.  They will also represent the interests of the second year cohort to the SPA Executive Board by attending meetings on Mondays from 10:30-11:30 a.m.

§  Community Service Chair

[cid:image002.gif at 01CF1B85.7DE8E8D0]      The Community Service Chair's responsibilities include connecting the SPA membership with community service, whether in the form of existing events on campus or in the creation of new activities.  Past community service initiatives include: Relay for Life, Race for a Reason, Athens Beautification Day, Timothy House dinner, and Last Chance Corral.

Nominations will close Thursday, January 29th and February 3rd is the deadline to accept/decline nominations.

I have attached a survey that we request you complete and either email completed back to President, Kelsey King, or bring to this week's meeting.  This survey was created to inquire feedback in regards to socials, professional development, and academic partnerships with CSP faculty.

This week, we will be welcoming Officer King, as a guest, who will be discussing self-defense tactics and possibly utilizing a volunteer to do some demonstrations.  It is sure to be a very informational and educational meeting so we look forward to seeing you there!

[cid:image001.gif at 01CF1B7B.929995E0]<http://www.ohio.edu/>
Division of Student Affairs * Office of the Dean of Students
Katie Gunderson  * Graduate Assistant to Student Senate
305 Baker University Center * Athens OH 45701-2979 * W: 740.593.4067 * F: 740.597.3301
kg312412 at ohio.edu<mailto:kg312412 at ohio.edu>
The best student-centered learning experience in America.