[Spa-L] Graduate Commencement Speaker

King, Kelsey kk264608 at ohio.edu
Thu Apr 3 11:11:25 EDT 2014

Hello!

This year's graduate commencement speaker is looking for interesting graduate students who are participating in the commencement ceremony in May to highlight in her speech. Anyone who is interested should see her email below and contact Sherry Early (earlys at ohio.edu<mailto:earlys at ohio.edu>) to be considered.

-----

I'm this year's graduate commencement speaker, and I'm searching for interesting graduate students who will be participating in the commencement ceremony in May.

Here's why: I'd like to spotlight a handful of graduates in my commencement address, students with interesting personal stories, or particularly unusual research projects, or students who have had to overcome unusually large obstacles to get where they are today. I intend to talk about several and I'm looking all across the university for great stories. If you know of a student who might be a good choice, I would be interested in talking to them to get the story in detail and ask permission to use it in my speech. So far, I have a student from Afghanistan who has worked in refugee camps for the UN and is here on a Fulbright, and another student whose masters project involved interviewing Syrian refugees, women and children, overseas. I'm also looking for a good mix of ph.d. and masters students, both from the U.S. and international.

Thanks for considering it and any help you might lend!

Aimee

Aimee Edmondson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
E.W. Scripps School of Journalism
Ohio University
Athens, Ohio 45701
edmondso at ohio.edu<mailto:edmondso at ohio.edu<mailto:edmondso at ohio.edu%3cmailto:edmondso at ohio.edu>>
Follow me on Twitter: @ProfEdmondson

[cid:image001.png at 01CF4F2D.74318A00]
Campus Involvement Center
Kelsey King
Graduate Assistant of Campus Programming
Baker University Center 339
1 Ohio University
Athens OH 45701-2979

kk264608 at ohio.edu<mailto:kk264608 at ohio.edu>
www.ohio.edu<http://www.ohio.edu> * www.ohio.edu/compass<http://www.ohio.edu/compass>
www.twitter.com/ohiou<http://www.twitter.com/ohiou>
www.facebook.com/OhioUniversity<http://www.facebook.com/OhioUniversity>
The best student-centered learning experience
in America