[Spa-L] FW: Submit to the Journal of Student Affairs!

Harp, Sara sh616811 at ohio.edu
Wed Sep 11 20:07:24 EDT 2013

Hello everyone!
Below is an opportunity to publish!
Sara

From: Conley, Valerie
Sent: Sunday, September 8, 2013 8:05 AM
To: Harp, Sara
Subject: Fwd: Submit to the Journal of Student Affairs!

Sara-
Would you distribute to SPA-  looks like a great opportunity!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
Valerie Martin Conley, PhD
Department Chair and Professor
Counseling and Higher Education
The Patton College of Education
OHIO University
740.593.4442

Please pardon typos sent from this device.  Thank you.

Begin forwarded message:
From: VPSA Journal <vpsa_journal at Mail.Colostate.edu<mailto:vpsa_journal at Mail.Colostate.edu>>
Date: September 6, 2013, 5:40:52 PM EDT
To: "Conley, Valerie" <conleyv at ohio.edu<mailto:conleyv at ohio.edu>>
Subject: Submit to the Journal of Student Affairs!
Valerie Martin Conley, Ohio University

Dear Dr. Martin Conley,

Hello and Greetings from Colorado State University!

We hope this message finds you excited and energized for the start of another academic year!  The Editorial Board of the Journal of Student Affairs is delighted to announce that we are now collecting submissions for the 23rd Edition of our publication.  As classes begin and academic writing becomes more of a focus for students as well as many professionals, we would love for you to consider drafting and/or submitting articles for publication, and to encourage your students and other professionals to do the same.  As one of the few graduate student-run publications in the nation, we are committed to engaging a variety of authors and audiences through the publication of the Journal.  This year we are again inviting submissions on an assortment of topics within the field of higher education and student affairs, with a focus on emerging trends and current issues, as we hope to continue to diversify the articles we publish.  Student-submitted articles are often resubmissions of papers used in classes, and this is typically very much appropriate, as are articles written by professionals that either do or do not include original research.
If you are interested in publishing this year, we encourage you to begin assembling your article now.  Our desire is to receive submissions from local, national, and international professionals and students working and studying in higher education and the field of student affairs, and thus your submission would be deeply valuable.  Please direct submissions and questions to journal at colostate.edu<mailto:journal at colostate.edu>.

The 2013 submission deadline is October 18, 2013 (5pm MDT).  Manuscripts should not exceed 3,000 words (approximately 12 pages of double-spaced, typewritten copy, including references, tables, and figures) and should not be fewer than 1,000 words (approximately four pages).  Exceptions should be discussed with the editors at the time of submission.  Manuscripts should be prepared in accordance with the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Sixth Edition.  For more information on publication guidelines and procedures, please visit our website at: http://www.sahe.colostate.edu/journal.

We would greatly appreciate if you would consider forwarding this e-mail to colleagues, students, and fellow professionals within your program and/or division, or others you know may have an interest in publishing an article.  We have also attached a flier below if you are willing to post it where appropriate.

We thank you for your time, and look forward to answering your questions and reviewing your articles.

Sincerely,
Maria R. Marinucci, Managing Editor for Marketing and Outreach
On Behalf of the Journal of Student Affairs Editorial Board of Colorado State University
journal at colostate.edu<mailto:journal at colostate.edu>

[cid:image001.png at 01CEAB17.771F4AA0]